Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quick post - 8-30

When I got to Diehard yesterday I had the sudden urge to build my Amaryllis deck.
Surprisingly, I got many cards in the 30 minutes before the tournament started and was able to build a deck. I had to borrow 3 cards from our friend Kavy to reach the 40 card mark(somehow we ended up with 41)

Surprisingly, Amaryllis worked out very well. Of course I didn't top, I went 2-2, losing to anti-meta and one version of the machina deck, but other than that the deck worked just as it should have.

Some things to note:
-The duels that I lost were matches where I did not get an Amaryllis into the grave.
-Queen of Thorns is amazing.
-Volcanic counters in the hand suck, and using Gravirose to put vounters in the grave is a bad turn 1 manuever. I'm not positive on what the better choices would be though, there are only so many level 3 targets in the deck.
-Wall of Ivy is awesome in theory, but no themed mirror force can stack up to the real thing.
-Cloak and Dagger is an amazing card against Machina. The deck doesn't run any s/t removal besides the basic ones, so declaring fortress has almost immediate results.
-It's hard to tell how much of an issue D.D. Crow is. My ooponent loses 1 card and I lose practically nothing. I wish there was an easier way to get Amaryllis into the grave besides trade-in and foolish burial though.
-Black Rose Dragon's 2nd effect wins games lol. I'm going to need at least 1 more black rose.
-Revival Rose has a ton of synergy with the deck, more than I ever thought. 1300/1300 are laughable stats, but once I get Tytannial or Amaryllis on the field its 95% likely that RevRose will be spammed.

We'll go more in depth with the deck on saturday I think. I really like it though, but I'm also REALLY excited about "Intro to Chaos". I've even found replacements for fabled raven.

3 comments:

  1. Okay so I know this sounds odd but I feel like 3 pot of duality would work wonders in this deck. It allows you fast set up into cards like trade in and foolish. It also doesnt hurt amaryllis because her effect activates in the end phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the ENTIRE end phase has the no special summon restriction to it. If you could rearrange the order of events like other cards then yeah that would be awesome. Still not a bad idea though, Duality's can help many different kinds of decks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even so still a card to consider especially in a deck that requires fast set up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading.