Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Light Fiend Summon

Over the last month, I have been trying and trying to come up with a new deck. As of right now, the only decks I have that work well for me are:

Nordics
Amaryllis
Lightsworn

I have played Nordics sooooooooo much that I would like to play something else. Amaryllis is a bit too inconsistent for this format. Sometimes I will draw amazingly, other times, I will not have a single Amaryllis I can summon to the field. The Lightsworn, well, let's just say that as much as I like the deck, the deck doesn't like me. So because of having such a low deck count right now, I need to up my game. The last few posts I have made give an idea of the different decks I have been trying to piece together.

Relinquished - With book of moon gone and Tour Guide available, Relink has gotten a major upgrade. However, the era of the boss monster is slowly dissipating. In the past you could just drop the boss monster in your deck and control the game from there. Nowadays, people drop synchros for whatever situation you need. If you think about the game that way, you can see how a Relinquished(not backed with Djinn conditions) is pretty underwhelming.

Spellcasters - A lot of decks rely on 1 for 1 cards that eventually give you an advantage over your opponent. The Spellcaster deck carries 6 "2 for 1" cards that will cause your opponent to lose a lot more than they bargained for. Gemini spark and Magical Dimension, when used after an opponent's card effect, gives you a card to destroy on their field that hasn't been activated. After that, you get either a card draw from spark, or a new monster from dimension. I didn't manage to get all of the cards for the deck, so the idea is slowly slipping away.

Though I don't have much trade-bait left, I've been using as much of it as I can towards my latest obsession - Fableds, codenamed: LFS - Light Fiend Summoning.

Fabled Ragin
Best synchro in the deck


Fabled decks have been a tier 3 deck for a while in America, and that is because of 2 things. 1) Not having Hidden Arsenal 4. 2) The need for players to put bad cards in the deck. When people read Fabled effects, they immediately think of Dark World Monsters and discard effects. These do work with fabled monsters, but they are unnecessary in the deck. The best fabled effect monsters in the game can summon themselves without the need to use Dark World Lightning, Card Destruction, and other similar cards. In fact, like Nordics, you really only want to loop the same cards multiple times until you gain an advantage over your opponent.


Fabled KrusFabled Grimro


I was talking to a guy at locals a few Saturdays ago. He always brings his Fabled deck to the tournament, and I finally looked it over for the first time. Of course it was riddled with Discard effects, Dark World Monsters, and other cards I don't approve of using. Also, he didn't own any more than 1 Krus and 1 Grimro. His main focus was on obtaining several Fabled Raven cards. Once I saw that, I started testing out the Fabled deck online. Of course, the skeleton of the deck is
3 Krus
3 Grimro
2-3 Cerberrul
2-3 Chawa
2-3 Ganashia
1-2 Kushano
All of the other monsters are mostly filler. The above cards are really the core of the deck and will hopefully turn each of your turns into a profitable one. Example: Ganashia, Chawa and Grimro and your hand. Normal Ganashia, then activate Grimro, searching out Krus. Discard Krus to special summon Chawa. Krus activates in the grave, summoning Grimro. You can now synchro for 4, 5, or 8. Depending on your hand, you can Synchro for Unicore and start attacking(usually bad unless you suspect Bottomless.) If you can set the rest of your hand, you can synchro for our buddy Fabled Ragin and draw 2 cards. If your hand has another grimro or Krus in it, you can synchro for Valkyrus, then discard Krus to draw a card and summon a monster from your graveyard. The draw potential in the deck is pretty nice, and is also backed by pot of avarice, as the only monster you really ever "lose" is Ganashia.

I have always liked the Fabled Deck since I first saw it in the YGO WC Nintendo DS games. With a proper pilot, I feel that the deck can do very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.