Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Proving Internet Duels are usually bad

All of these duels are using the prototype version of "Better Storm," A competitive Nordic build. It is still going through a lot of testing and will hopefully find its way on the Deck Pages soon.



Duel 1:: Versus Malefic Skill Drain?
The Opponent goes first. He activates Fusion Gate. Removing a Cyber End Dragon from his Extra deck, he summons Malefic Cyber End Dragon (4000/2800). He sets 1 f/d card and ends his turn.

I start with Book of Moon, Monster Reborn, Super Nimble Mega Hamster, Ryko Lightsworn Hunter, Pot of Duality and draw into Trap Dustshoot. Activating Duality, I chose Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir out of Tengu and Trunade. For some reason, the opponent uses Mystical Space Typhoon on my Duality(I may as well quit now) so we can already tell that this duel is going to be worthless for testing. I set my Dustshoot, Fetters and Book and pass.

The opponent draws a card and I use Dustshoot during his standby phase. Dustshoot reveals Meteor of Destruction(really?), Magical Mallet, another Malefic Cyber End and Fusilier the Dual Mode Beast. I send Fusilier back into his deck. In his main phase he uses Meteor that deals 1000 damage to my LP. He then uses Magical Mallet to shuffle in his 1 M. Cyber End and draw into a 1-card hand. Next he attacks my set Ryko with M. Cyber End. I flip Fetters to search out Tanngjostr of the Nordic Beasts. The attack goes through and Ryko is flipped. It destroys Fusion gate, milling a Reborn Tengu, Pot of Avarice, and a Mega Hamster. M. Cyber End is destroyed by its own effect. Then Ryko is destroyed and sent to the grave, in which I can special summon Gnjostr from my hand. The opponent ends his turn with no field and 1 card in his hand.
7000::8000
I draw into Mind Control. Switching Gnjostr to attack mode activates the effect and searches out my level 4 tuner Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts. After that I can use Monster Reborn to summon the Tengu from my graveyard. 4+4 = Colossal Fighter(in case he can drop another Cyber End on his turn) and Tengu replaces itself with another copy. I then attack with all 3 monsters and end my turn.

The opponent draws into his 2nd card. He sets it and ends the turn. During his end phase I use book of moon on my own Gnjostr.

On my turn I draw Giant Trunade(game over). I activate it, returning his 1 card. I can then flip Gnjostr and synchro for 8 again, but the opponent forfeits the duel.



Duel 2: Versus...Monarchs?
I go first with an awesome hand of Tengu, Horn of the Phantom Beast, Gnjostr, Solemn Warning, Duality, and Mirror Force. First thing I do is Duality for Mystical Space Typhoon, shuffling in a Fetters and Sangan. I normal summon Reborn Tengu, then set everything but the Tanngjostr.

The opponent draws a card and sets 1 Monster and 1 spell/trap. During the endphase I Space Typhoon it, his own Space Typhoon.

I draw into Giant Trunade. without playing a card I attack with Reborn Tengu, revealing a...Marshmallon? Marshmallon deals 1000 damage to me. I set my Gnjostr and end the turn.
7000:8000
He draws a card, Even though I have 3 set cards, he tributes Marshmallon for Mobius, the Frost Monarch. I promptly Solemn Warning that. He sets 1 spell/trap and ends his turn.
5000:8000
I draw Fetters. The first card to play is Trunade, getting rid of whatever that f/d could have been. Then I flip Gnjostr to summon Guldfaxe. Guldfaxe and Tengu cluster together into a Stardust Dragon, and summons my next Tengu from my deck. I attack with all 3 monsters to deal 5000 damage. I set my final card, Fetters and end my turn.
5000::3000
The opponent summons D.D. Warrior Lady! Monster Reborn my Guldfaxe, oh no! D.D. Lady and Guldfaxe make a Thoughtruler Archfiend. The opponent attacks my Stardust with Thoughtruler and eats Mirror Force. Good Game.



Duel 3: Versus True Six Samurai
I lose the dice roll and the opponent goes first in classic Six Samurai Style.
1) Shien's Smoke Signal for Mizuho.
2) Activate Shien's Dojo. Activate Six Samurai United.
3) Normal Summon Mizuho. Special Summon Kizan.
4) Activate United, Draw 2 cards.
5) Special Summon Grand Master. Special Summon Kizan.
6) Send Dojo to the grave and special summon Kagemusha.
7) Mizuho and Kagemusha are sent to the grave for a Shi En.
8) Reinforcements of the Army to search out Kizan.
9) Special Summon Kizan.
10) Turn ends with 3 Kizan, 1 Grandmaster, 1 Shi En, 2 cards in hand and no spells or traps.

My opening hand is 2 Fetters, a Ryko, Guldfaxe and Bottomless trap hole. I then Draw another Guldfaxe on my turn, but that's okay. Guldfaxe special summons itself to the field. Then I normal Summno Ryko. 4+2 = Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. I use Brionac's effect to send Shi En back to the extra deck, discarding a Fetters. Then Brionac can attack over Grandmaster. I set my bottomless and Fetters and end my turn with just a Guldfaxe in hand.

The opponent forfeits.




Not all duels are great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.