Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

RELINQUISHED

Locals last night was a lot of fun. I didn't get into top 8 again, which was wholly my fault, so that is what we'll be talking about today.

Match 1 vs Generic Gadgets 2-1
Thought I was going to lose actually. Releaser shuts down Fortress, so the only thing you have to watch for is smashing grounds.

Match 2 vs Lightsworn 2-1
Thought I was going to lose these too. I actually opened gorz on all 3 matches and my opponent only got to play 1 JD. Which was promptly absorbed.

Match 3 vs Frognarchs 2-1-1
Terribly missplayed. I had the oppurtunity to win this match but I botched it completely. Round 1 was amazing, relinquished with Releaser shuts down frognarchs and your only threat then is soul exchange. Round 2 I had to force a tie by swinging into Obelisk. I already used my torrential so I had no more widespread destruction to destroy it. The next round is where I messed up. My opponent had 2 frogs in defense mode and I had Armageddon knight on the field. In my head, I'm thinking that I can make Stygian Sergeants and attack both to clear his field. Unfortunately I didnt realize until halfway through my play that I can't attack at all because 2 Dupe Frogs create a lock. The play I was supposed to make involved normal summoning Caius and removing a dupe from the game. Then Possibly making a relinq and controlling the game. At the end, I had absorbed 2 monarchs with 2 different relinquished and had a manju face-up on the field; life point count was 1000/1800. He brain controls for the win.

Match 4 vs Teched Machina 2-0
1st round I got greedy and attacked into a morphing jar with a hand full of relinquished pieces. That's pretty much an instant game loss. Round 1 he played thunderking which is usually no threat, but I needed to search my deck badly, so that was the next game less.

Oh well, we had fun at least. Had 2 heart of the card moments, topdecking manju when you have Relinq and prep in your hand is seriously the god of YGO saying you need to play this deck as your main. Serious Anime moments. Judgement Dragon on the field? Machina Fortress on the field? Draw your shining card off the top of the deck and then proceed to win.

But I digress, we need to talk about the deck itself, and then toss it onto the Blogger Page in it's own glory. I won't bother posting the list, it will be on the Blogger Page. Currently we have 6 cards that can potentially be dead in the hand, and this deck needs a boost of consistency. We have
1 Return from the Different Dimension- originally paired with double Nephthys in order to cause a win condition when I remove things or get D.Prisoned. Unless the above happens, this card has never helped in the deck, it is currently replaced by a single smashing ground.
1 Dark Nephthys- originally the only boss monster, easily dropped from Relinq food. It comes back to knock off an opponent's S/T or Relinq's to absorb something else.
1 Dark Armed Dragon - wins games. But not every time. Without more grave control, I can easily have 5+ darks in the grave and no means to get them out. Thus he becomes a dead card.
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior- Forces a lot of opponent's plays. 1900 ATK that is one of my few outs to Thunderkings, banishers, etc.
1 Magical Exemplar- Newly splashed in. One of the easiest Relinq recursion tools in the game. Had to take out 1 security to put her in.

So what do we replace these cards with? my choices are Caius, Jinzo, Smashing grounds, limit reverse, more Magical Exemplar, Level Limit Area B, Magic Drains, Dark Bribes, Reinforcements of the Army with 1 or 2 Rose, 2 effect veilers to combine with One for One, Plaguespreader Zombie, My body as a shield, and a few others. Without owning a brionac and goyo, I may not be able to use Plaguespreader yet, though that would be a great choice. I'm slightly interested in the efect veilers though, even more so if I owned a Catastor. I think I may main Jinzo for a little while and side Caius if necessary to start. Then, I'll play with the Smashing ground that is currently replacing RftDD and then try Magic Drain over it (unless I had a Solemn Judgement).

But this deck seems to be begging to be played, so I won't be putting it away for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.