Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wait what? Why is my Chaos deck winning?

DISCLAIMER: A lot of my deck testing now, I do on DMG (Duel Monsters Genesis, a little fan made duel sim). Of course not many people on the game can be called competent duelists, but success rates are still success rates, even if 50% are worse than others.

As usual I love weird cards, and one of those is Chaos Goddess, one of the most unsummonable synchro monsters in the game. I researched a bit about some of the best ways to summon Goddess, and of course it involves using the other members of the "Chaos" theme. Nowadays, any deck with a chaos sorcerer in it is called a "Chaos" deck, but this deck I decided to make I believe is as close to pure chaos as it gets.
"Intro to Chaos" Sept 1st banlist approved.
-Monsters: 24-
Chaos End Master x3Chaos Goddess
Chaos Sorcerer x2
Shining Angel x2
Byser Shock x2
Effect Veiler x2
Honest x2
Fabled Raven x2
Level Eater x2
Sphere of Chaos x1
Cyber Valley x1
Armageddon Knight x1
Battle Fader x1
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Sangan x1
-Spells: 11-
Book of Moon x3
Allure of Darkness x1
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1
One for One x1
Giant Trunade x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Mind Control x1
-Traps: 5-
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Call of the Haunted x1
Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Chaos End Master
Okay, as you see the purpose of the deck is synchro spamming. The extra deck has 2 Stardust and 2 Red Dragon Archfiend so that there is no qualms with pumping out synchros. I almost think that 1 Pot of Avarice is necessary in the deck, but so far I havent needed it. End Master has many outs for firing off his effect. Raven can put Level eaters in the grave and can easily synch with brionacs and such in case of emergencies. Byser Shock is one of our End Master targets and works wonderfully in such a set-heavy format. He even sends face down monsters to the hand. In all honesty, I rarely have to/get to drop Goddess, but maybe that shows how powerful the other level 8 synchros are. Her main target is things like RDA, but very often I can drop RDA and already control the game.

What sucks though is that so much of the deck is secret rare. Though they dont cost more than 5 dollars a piece, that is ANOTHER deck to build, and we all know how much I talk about making new decks. Perhaps some day I will give it a try, but definently not right now. It's fun though, and it's winning which is very confusing to me. I tend to lose once the opponent get out lots of monster removal, or stops me from synchro summoning, but they can't do it ALL the time.

On a side note, Effect Veiler is getting a lot of hate right now. Veiler is an amazing card to me. Level 1 tuner, negates effects, it's a D.D. Crow with more utility in my opinion. All you can do with D.D. Crow is shut down 1 play, Veiler can do the same, but then it can come back to synchro into a Catastor or whatever else. I can bet that if someone tops with Veiler in a national then the price will soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.