Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Friday, October 29, 2010

TCG Exclusives prease!

Unicorn synchro is still just a few cards from completion and testing has begun in full swing. Talking again about scraps vs "Lockey", I have begun using a combination of the 2 of them. I decided to take out the 2 scrapyards in favor of mind control and a 2nd 7 tools(which may become something else, like Charge). And instead of elephun and 1 of the Chimera, I'm using 2 Mice, THREE cats, and 2 chimera. And surprisingly, I draw cats when I don't want them every now and then lol. Maybe when Starstrike Blast comes out, I'll replace a cat with Chain Dog.

Speaking of cats, there was a fake post on the Yugioh Wiki that had a monster called Super Cat as a TCG exlusive. There are no credible sources, and there was a Koaki card on the list before, which proved to be false. I just wanted to talk today about TCG exclusives that I would love to see. A lot of times, Konami seems to make a couple of random support cards, and a couple to support the new themes in the set. Following this, xsabers, karakuri and koakis all have exclusives already, but I'd love a COUPLE more to make certain decks just that more playable.

Super Cat - Level 3 Beast. 1200/1000. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 level 3 or lower non-tuner Beast type monster from your deck to the field.
In all honesty, card doesn't do all that much. What would I summon from the deck at level 3? Mine Mole? Okay I get some additional fake field presence, which could have been done better with Mega Hamster. I'd rather have Rescue Cat unbanned than a crappy card like this for Beast support. Darksoul ruined kitty, Airbellum did not. Turning 1 card into a level 5 or 6 synchro is pretty broken, but other cards can do this just as easily and aren't limited to 1. Some even say that Debris is more broken than Kitty, simply because it is far more splashable. If I can't have rescue cat back, I'd rather have something else like:
Super Cat- Level 3 Beast. 1200/1000. During your opponent's main phase, you can remove this card from play to select one monster on your opponent's side of the field. It can not declare an attack this turn. Durng your next stand-by phase you can return this card to the field and special summon a level 3 Beast from the deck.
Broken? It's good, yeah. No worse than a Lonefire Blossom. You can slow Kitty down by either a) not letting it get 2 cards, or b) inceasing its cost or time of activation. Any other changes would make it a terrible card, and I only gave it the attack negation to make it do SOMETHING besides leaving you completely open.

All Beasts really need is a card that can tie a majority of the monsters together. Dark Desertapir and green baboon form links with your monsters to interact with the grave, and many many beasts interact with the deck. However, in the current meta, having to be destroyed by battle is far too slow. I feel what Beasts really need are cards that can form links between monsters upon its normal summon. Mega Hamster can almost do it, Cat and Chimera can do it with Mouse and Beast respectively. Kitty could do it, but now its banned lol.

Tomorrow I'll talk about Koakis and how I think it could be fixed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.