Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Been SLACKIN!

The past week has been pretty nuts. Since this is a gaming blog, nuts means that I've been playing a lot and haven't posted about it at all. Shame on me for that. So we'll talk a bit about the 3 things that I have been playing this week. Fallout, Xenosaga, and Little Big Planet 3.

Fallout: New Vegas got really hard, really fast. I found myself in quite a bind when the next areas I wanted to go to was blocked by all sorts of baddies that I couldn't kill.

North of my little arrow were Giant Mutants on Black Mountain, which are part of a quest. Mutants aren't very deadly, but they take forever to kill and Nightshades(invisible melee mutants suck too). Then the path to Novac, the city that's highlighted, is full of Deathclaws - werewolfish eagle things. Luckily, with the help of BG, I was able to make it to Novac, after doing the "ED-E" quest. ED-E is a helpful little robot that you can fix with a Repair skill of 65 or a Sciene skill of 65 combined with 35 Repair. ED-E mows down mobs with his laser beam and isn't afraid of anything! (video coming soon)

We beat Xenosaga Episode 1 in 30 hours early in the week. Contrary to her initial convictions, Chelsea actually enjoyed the Xenosaga story and Characters up to this point. But then......comes Episode 2.
Episode 2 is widely viewed by fans as the worst installment in the trilogy. It's plagued by quite a few things:
1) Terrible new voice actors! Disclaimer: Video not created by me. Spoiler Level 4/10. Mostly talking about Momo's voice(first few seconds of the video). In my opinion, everyone's voice in the game is fine except for Momo and KOSMOS.
2) Downgraded character models!!!!! Mostly talking about Shion. I don't mind the change from Chibi models to realistic ones, just don't make them look so bad.
3) A very fast, fluid, and bland battle system. Though I actually like the system itself, Xenosaga 2 opted for faster attacks with less visuals, whereas Episode 1 had fancy visuals, but some of the longest battles you'll ever have. It isn't until Episode 3 do things balance out.

Little Big Planet 2 is at the top of the list right now though.

Acing all the levels took a while, and sooooooooo many deaths, but I'm glad its done with. Thank Windows Movie Maker for the terrible quality photo by the way. also the 480p gameplay video of it:

Now I'm trying to work on my level. I did publish one level in LBP1 called "Sacknight 1: Meeting the King". It had a very low amount of plays, most of them weren't even able to finish the level. The main goal of these Sacknight levels was supposed to be full of "challenging platforming." Most players who I got to play it couldn't finish the level for whatever reason. The other level I want to make will be based on a map on another game I used to play. "Ru'Aun Gardens" is a floating island that you can only get to from a huge "teleporter" deep in some ruins. Little Big Planet 1 actually hindered the making of this level, as all the things I wanted to make are difficult to do without all the new additions. The best part of Ru'Aun Gardens is that it is chop-full of bosses, and all of them could be replicated in LBP2! Just imagine it, the god Byakko and is high speed and Light-based attacks, translated into a fast moving boss with scattering plasma attacks. Monsters that are aggressive to sound, so you must avoid the floor entirely or else you'll be targeted. I even have an idea on how to make Suzaku, a fiery bird with some of the largest area of effect fire attacks around.

It's going to be great, and all my progress will be recorded or screenshot'd and added to the blog. I read up on tutorials all the time, and I even plan to post my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.