Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blogging Step 2: Posting videos

I actually started both this blog and the Yugioh blog at the same time. Yugioh is easy to make posts about, but Video Games are a little different. You see, I didn't want to just post pictures of games, or someone ELSE's videos about them. I wanted to show my readers my own gaming. So I bought the Pinnacle Dazzle 100 PVR to record everything and then upload it to youtube(until I can find a batter site, if one exists.) This is an example of Dazzle in action:

As you can see, the video quality is decent as best, and there is a little artifacting at the bottom of the video. The real problem though was playing it on my 32" LCD. Sonic was manageable, but when I got into better games the difficulty skyrocketed. Dazzle takes composite videos, so the best it can record at is 420i. Playing a game in 420i on a 32" TV is complete garbage though. I actually took back the unit and all the cables I bought in order to upgrade to HD recording hardware.


Playing MAG in SD is terrrrrrrible. Somehow I got MVP in that match with such terrible scores, and we still lost lol. I just can't stand it, there's no way I could supply videos for this blog if I was playing in Standard Definition. That's why I bit the bullet and bought the Hauppage HD PVR, which is supposed to be one of the top ranked recording devices for the PS# (as ranked by the Internet). I havent gotten to try it yet, but when I do it will be right here in a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.