Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Demo Showcase

This was another thing I wanted to do. A lot of people want to pick up games but not without seeing a little gameplay about them. The PSN store has lots of demos available to test games out before you buy them. Unfortunately, not everyone has time to download and try every demo, or may not even have the space on their harddrive! So I will make Initial Gameplay videos for any. By initial, I mean that it will (usually) be my very first boot of the game file, so I will be playing it as any new player. I have 2 prepared for today. The first is a real initial play of the game "Faery", released on the PSN on Tuesday. The other is a game I have had for a couple of months called Dead Nation, which a few people have asked about.

Okay, Faery is....interesting. First off, it's important to say that it is 14.99 off the PSN. That's not all that hot of a price for the type of game it is. For the content? Yeah, I'd admit that it has 15 bucks worth of content in it, but it's definitely not for everyone. The dialogue was kinda entertaining. It seems to give you enough choices to make it seem like your choices are meaningful. Character customization is an RP'ers dream. Every couple of levels you get skill points that go towards customizing your little pixie into the perfect reflection of your inner Fairy. That's actually kind of fun too! But the combat, ohmygosh is it vintage. This is where the 15 dollars comes in - if the game had a different combat scheme, then it would be worth the 15 for sure. Unfortunately, the combat is pretty bland and takes away from the fun of everything ELSE in the game(Pixiing!!).

Dead Nation is a LOT of fun in its initial playthrough. If you love upping the difficulty for points and trophies, then it has okay replay value. Not great, but okay. The problem is that(as of right now) "Mission Select", as seen in the video, is your choosing of the actual stages in the campaign. This to me is not a "mission" select, but a chapter select; and I don't know about you guys, but with a game like Dead Nation, I don't want to play campaign 8 times. I did buy the game and played co-op locally, and it is great for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.