Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Demo - Move Heroes

It has taken me almost a full day and a half to finally make this post. First, my video editting software crashed, so I had to re-download that. Then youtube wouldn't upload my gameplay video. Left it on overnight and woke up today to it still uploading. But now I can finally talk about what I have been playing. But first, is a Demo Showcase! Today is Playstation Move Heroes.

Photobucket


Surprisingly, Move Heroes is only half of what I thought it was going to be. Going by the trailers I saw, I expected Move Heroes to be a beat-em up style game, just like the games its Cast came from. But instead of it being a straight-up action adventure game, Move Heroes is more of an...Action...Arcade...Party..Game? You do have points of action, smashing, exploding, and stuff like that, but the way the "game" is set up, it is not an adventure at all. Much like a party game, you go through a series of "stunts" with the characters. That may be destroying waves of enemies sure, but it also includes things like throwing a disc for high scores, finding hidden objects, etc.



The game is still a lot of fun. The story is something along the lines that a Villian brought the different Playstation Heroes to a planet, and is making them do things for his amusement. So the whole point of the game is to get massive scores in these different events. The events offered in the Demo are:

Survive a Deadly Deathbot Uprising - A melee smash-em-up survival.
Could you be so Bowled - A bowling-esque event(the Jak portion of the video.) You roll a ball and guide it to the targets. Theres speed boosters and obstacles along the way.
Whibble Trouble - Search and rescue with beat-em-up gameplay. You find little baby aliens while smashing enemies and have to deliver them.
Industrial Revolutions - Disc Tossing that is guided by the move controller. The objective is to hit targets, of course with Speed Boosters, Power ups, and High Score multipliers.
A Mine of Their Own - Search and rescue, this time, with Blasters (The Clank portion of the video.) For some reason, I found this one the most fun lol.

I'm sure when the retail version of the game comes out, there will be more events. The game looks like it could be a lot of fun, but if these are the only events, spanned across different levels, I could see it getting old very easily. I'm not worrying about it though, as Nihilistic has been working on this game for 2 years now. I'm sure there will be enough content to back it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.