Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

E3? That's just icing on the cake!

Thanks to my buddies on BG, it was brought to my attention that KmartGamer is having an E3 contest. Most of you guys know that in the last year, Kmart has stepped its game up as a Retail Video Game Store. Being a retail shopper means that you look around for the best deals on every game and accessory you buy. Unfortunately, some places would rather give you deals on giving THEM games, while you pay full price and they charge double for the games you gave them..and in the end you gain little-to-no value back for each dollar. We all know about buying games online and how cheap that can be, but driving to stores, talking to people about games, and eventually buying them face-to-face is a "deeper experience" (and it supports the developers a lot more than winning it on an auction). So here we have Kmart, and its drive to get itself into the fray of Game Retailing. They've sold games for a long time of course, but in the last year, Kmart(as well as other retail giants) have realized the untapped potential in the gaming market. They, along with Sears, use a Shop Your Way rewards system that gives you points for your purchase, just like thousands of other stores. What makes it awesome is that they will have sales on games and accessories, even games released that week that do anything from giving you bonus points, gift cards, direct price cuts and more. And with those points, you can directly cut chunks of the price off your next purchase. It's the chain of buying for less than MSRP and getting rewarded for it that I love and have been doing for years.

This makes Kmart one of the top retail places to buy games. But they aren't stopping there. They have a KmartGamer blog as part of their Community section. It only has 170~ posts in it (hey, I have 12!) but they are really trying to push its success. That brings us back to the contest. They are planning to send 3 people to E3 this year, hotel and entry covered. But what is the criteria for being chosen? Well, they want Socialites! People who blog, tweet, spam forums, update on facebook, and all the other silly social bugs floating around to be the ones sent to E3. And guess what?

I DO THAT!


That's right, you're reading a BLOG. ABOUT GAMES. And I post on forums for games too, BG being the top one, but then there is Gamefaqs, and even Kotaku and IGN lets you leave comments. I may even start a Twitter for games in the future. "Hold on for a sec. :::Just:::bought:::Dynasty:::Warriors:::Gundam2.:::My:::Epyon:::Eats:::Everything.:::
Toss a "#" sign in front of it and call it a Tweet.

Back to the contest, KmartGamer is going to E3 and will be making articles about it just like any gaming news site. Which means that as well as a blog, KGr plans to be a news source too. While they are at E3, their contest winners will play all of the best new games and are instructed to tell every moment of it. ":::NGP:::is:::Amazing!:::", "Vincent updated his status to Playing Dark Souls", things of that nature. Which is exactly what I want to do!

This brings me to the heart and soul of this thread. I want KGr to pick me for this contest! To go to E3? That is only the half of it.

Other than the obvious reasons -- fame and fortune -- there are a couple of real reasons you would want to blog for us at E3:

  • Visibility for your own blog. We're going to re-post your content on the KmartGamer blog, as well as in our social media channels. (For instance, Twitter or the Kmart Facebook page.)
  • We'll get you access. We're going to work with our vendors (e.g. game publishers) to get our bloggers behind-the-scenes info you may not get anywhere else.
  • You can write about whatever you'd like. We're not going to limit what you write about, as long as it's informative, constructive and well-written, and has the KmartGamer blog audience in mind. (Example: We're not looking for posts that say "This game rules!" but rather "This game will provide x, y and z and therefore should be a good experience for anyone who like that.")


I was talking about this to my co-workers yesterday. How amazing would it be to blog for a website that gets thousands, if not tens of thousands of hits a week? E3 is just icing on the cake, the real-thrill-Holyfield is the aftermath - being able to blog for KmartGamer. Heck, that REAL kicker would be to get hired by KGr if they are impressed enough by my "Reporting" at E3. I have a girlfriend so I won't be distracted by the "floor girls."
Photobucket

I'll bring my own food, no pizza or nachos while you're "on the clock."

This is business....and pleasure...but pleasure about business! So this is the first reason why KGr should pick me. I want to do this as if I were getting paid to do it!

The second reason why they should is my "gaming style." As all of you know, I have a Yu-gi-oh blog that is about 9 months old now, and is going fairly successfully. My Gaming Blog was actually created around the same time, but as you can see from my opening post, has met with many difficulties. Recording hardware, Work, Youtube Upload speeds, and many other things are the reason why this blog is only just now churning out posts. What do I do in my downtime though? Well, I work retail in...you guessed it...Video Games! A lot of the KGr bloggers may have started off as Kmart Employees in their Video Game Department, and like me, strove to do more than answer their associates' questions about games OTHER than Call of Duty. In fact, I made this blog so that I can share the kind of chats I have at work - about games they have or will never have played. It is starting off slow, but only because of the challenges I met in the beginning. K3r would be an amazing outlet to speak to more and more gamers, paid or for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.