Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Locals 7/24 Copypasta

Once again this is a copy from the pojo yugioh forums. I was 3-2 yesterday and lost the first match of the top 8, meaning that I was between Sixth and Eighth place.

Match 1 vs Flip Burn(friend of mine.) 2-1
He was using the flip monsters like Des Lacooda and the insects, all stuff that he can constantly reflip and control the game while Gravity Bind and level limit shuts down your opponent. First match he drew into nothing but Gravity Bind in which trunade->Urknight->Etc won me the duel. Round 2 he won with a very heavy set back row and 2 wave motion cannons, though I had to spend both my dust tornados on those 2 cards, I couldnt draw anything to get rid of Gravity Bind. Round 3 was starting off the same, but then I drew into Maximus on turn 2-3 and the play went as thus: Urknight->Sandman-> Maximus -> Blow up Messenger of peace-> Attack facedown stealth bird->deal 4900 damage. Next turn he forfeited.

Match 2 vs WCQ Xsabers 1-2
Xsabers, just like everyone else I played, I stomped first round. And he was constantly asking what cards did what, Xsabers is still the deck's best matchup. Its like blackwings without Kalut. Anyway, round 2 he has his sidedeck lined up: 2-3 Mask of Restricts, and Mind Crush....ouch. One turn he Mind crushed my reveal target, ruling says its revealed at activation, not resolution, so i got to keep my guardian. I actually had him down to 200 life points to my 8000, but then he busted out The Calculator to do some math, which means I was going to get FTK'd. Trunade made me pick up compulsory and Oppression-> boggart->some crap with double faultroll, i dont even know. Round 3 was pretty neck in neck, i think it was my 3600 to his 3000, but he had Mask of Restrict very early in the game and I dont side in dusts for xsabers. I almost think the deck needs to run Jinzo in the side >_> his backrow was sooooooooo heavy its not even funny. Only prob with Jinzo is he makes compulsory useless, so i'd have to drop them for enemy controllers.

Match 3 vs Morphtronics 2-1
Got stomped game 1. Sided in dusts for that stupid C&D equip card (i dont have the standard machine sidedeck). Won with Boulder searching for Urknight then playing Maximus for 5000 damage on both rounds 2 and 3.

Match 4 vs Glads 1-2
First round had a D Fissure on the field and I played Maximus and you cant maintain maximus on the field with D Fissure out, so I lost. I also had Corridor of Agony out which worked "okay" but it also stopped my Urknight play. (luckily he cold waved to stop my oppression and corridor, so i was able to win next round.)Round 2 I lost, I may be confusing that Maximus play with round 2. Round 3 he got out a very early Herk and I drew into nothing so he won.

Top 8 vs same Xsaber guy.
Pretty much same went as above. We were going at it for soooooo long, other pairings were already in Match 2. There were starlight roads firing off on both sides of the field, it was bananas. I believe the things that won him the game was summoning Emmersblade under my bottomless and actually attacking with it. There was a Mind Control at some point to make Andriod JUST TO GET HIS LP BACK LOL. Next turn it forced me to flip my own torrential on myself. After that though I drew into a Maximus with Urknight in my hand and no core. I realized, he attacked my boulder with Andriod, I searched out Sandman to activate my own torrential because I had already lost my only Tornado. If i had gotten an iron core instead, then my top deck Maximus could have won me the game. Unfortunately theres no way to know something like that would happen.

Lessons learned:
Against Glad's T-set: Never lead off with Sandman, expecting D.prison or Bottomless. Always expect Waboku or war chariot and summon Guardian instead. Either way, if they activate their trap, you lose a monster(either this turn or next turn after the tag-out). You have greater chances stopping the play with guardian than gaining field presence with Sandman against Glads.
Against Mask of Restrict: Side in dust tornados and heavy. If he sided in Masks then something got sided out and his trap kind is either break even or higher than it was. If you get starlight roaded then oh well, better hope you get urknight or Tornado because stardust is probably less dangerous than a Mask of Restrict up the entire game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.