Yugioh
Hi everyone and welcome to my personal blog! Despite the huge Yugioh banner above this text, I post about other things too, specifically video games. Leave comments wherever you like and check me out on Facebook and Twitter @Veedotme.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Killzone 3 + Move = Tired arms

I had originally planned to have 2 games on display today, Killzone and the PSN title Stacking. Unfortunately, every time I went to upload Killzone to youtube, it would take hours for it to finish, which is pretty discouraging. I finally managed to finish the upload last night for Killzone, so that is what's on the blog today!



Killzone is one of those new shooters, hyped up for play with Playstation Move. So my initial plays were with the Move and Navigation Control. As a warning, I'm no expert at Killzone, and I'm also no expert at the Playstation Move. But with practice, it seems to work really really well. The video is my 3rd playthrough with the Move. The default settings, which you saw for me change in the first bit of the video are terribad, and should be changed immediately.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The Deadzone is how much freedom you have on your Controller before it moves the camera around. Some people like the controller to instantly move their screen along with it, some people prefer to have a "point and click" ability, similar to a mouse and keyboard. So my deadzone is set for the almost the entire range of vertical movement(it sucks to look up and have the camera spin on you!) and most of the horizontal range.
The next important change was obviously the pointer speed. For me, I wanted it as close to my hand's moving speed without throwing the cursor too easily. 50%~ is the way to go (unless you're one of those people ho can keep a super steady hand).
Lastly, the Aiming mode defaults on something called Lock Assist. Lock Assist is designed for more casual players, for the campaign. Whenever you press the zoom button on the Nav controller, you are instead automatically zoomed in on the enemy that you are looking at. If you aren't looking at anything, it won't zoom. Then, it gives you a convenient Window around the enemy that you try not to(if the game allows you) to move out of, and it gives you a new, slower moving targeting reticule, ideal for hitting the enemy consistently.
Photobucket
Of course, you can't get "good" playing like that, so I turned the Lock Assist Off, and made it the old-fashioned hold-to-zoom. I actually find the game much easier to play this way. Not only can you zoom on anytime, anywhere, but you can play a lot more aggressively if you zoom in on exactly what you want.

The game is a lot of fun though. I didn't play Killzone 1 at all and I played about 1 hour of Killzone 2 and never put it back in(game was pretty difficult to me). Killzone 3 is still fairly unforgiving, but with practice, you'll be mowing down Helghast in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.